The activities of the project produced the following publications:
– Veronica Iacovacci, Leonardo Ricotti, Izadyar Tamadon, Giuseppe Tortora, Paolo Dario, and Arianna Menciassi. Towards a fully implantable autonomous artificial pancreas. ESAO (World Congress for Artificial Organs), 2017, 6-9 September, Wien (Oral presentation)
– V. Iacovacci, L. Ricotti, I. Tamadon, G. Tortora, C. Perri, P. Dario, and A. Menciassi. Design of a fully implantable closed loop artificial pancreas. SMIT (International Conference of the Society for Medical Innovation and Technology), 2017, 8-10 November, Turin (Oral presentation)
– V. Iacovacci, I. Tamadon, C. Perri, P. Dario, L. Ricotti, and A. Menciassi. Towards an autonomous fully-implantable artificial pancreas. GNB (Gruppo Nazionale di Bioingegneria), 2018, 25-27 June, Milan (Oral presentation)
– N. Barbani, C. Cristallini. PVA-based polymers as coatings for soft tissue implant. 28th European Conference on Biomaterials, Greece, Athens,2017, 4th-8th September (Poster)
– N. Barbani, C. Cristallini, A. Lazzeri, and V. Gigante. Poster ACI’s The European Biopolymer Summit Dusseldorf, Germany, 2018, 14-15 February
– Iacovacci, V., Tamadon, I., Rocchi, M., Dario, P., & Menciassi, A. (2019). Toward Dosing Precision and Insulin Stability in an Artificial Pancreas System. Journal of Medical Devices, 13(1), 011008.
– F. Vistoli, V. Iacovacci, EF. Kauffmann, V. Simoni, P. Marchetti, I. Tamadon, F. Costa, L. Ricotti, U. Boggi, A. Menciassi “A novel fully-implantable artificial pancreas: site of implant and operational functionality in real human anatomy”, IPITA,2019, 2-5 July, Lyon (Oral presentation)
– I.Tamadon, V. Simoni, V. Iacovacci, F. Vistoli, L. Ricotti and A. Menciassi “Miniaturized Peristaltic Rotary Pump for Non-Continuous Drug Dosing”, EMBC,2019, 23-27 July, Berlin (Poster)
– C. Cristallini, S. Danti, B. Azimi, N. Barbani. Multifunctional coatings for robotic implanted device. National Congress of Biomaterials, 2019, 5-7 June, Università degli Studi della Campania “Luigi Ventrelli”, Caserta. (Oral presentation)
– C. Cristallini, S. Danti, B. Azimi, V. Tempesti, C. Ricci, L. Ventrelli, P. Cinelli, N. Barbani, A. Lazzeri. Multifunctional coatings for robotic implanted device. International Journal of Molecular Sciences 2019 (Submitted)
– Ricci C, Azimi B, Macchi T, Cinelli P, Lazzeri A, Danti S. Bioresorbable nanofibers as a bioactive textured coating for implantable robotic device. 4th NanoBio Surfaces and Interfaces in Healthcare and Science Workshop, 2019, 16-17 May, Potsdam, Germany. (Oral presentation)
– Danti S. Electrospun fibers to modulate biological response at the cell/implant interface. Special seminar Laboratory for Atomistic and Molecular Mechanics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT),2019, 5 June, Cambridge, MA, USA. (invited talk)
– Ricci C, Azimi B, Danti S. PHBHV nanofibers as a bioactive textured coating for implantable robotic device. 7th International Symposium on Surfaces and Interfaces of Biomaterials (ISSIB 2019),2019, 22-25 July, Québec City, Canada. (Poster)
– A. Lazzeri, D’Ambrosio R, Panariello L, Ricci C , Sandroni M , Barbani N, Cristallini C, Danti S, Cinelli P, Characterization of TOPAS® multifunctional coatings for robotic implanted device, AIMAT- Ischia, 2019, 21-24 July (Oral presentation)
– Iacovacci, V., Ricotti, L., Sinibaldi, E., Signore, G., Vistoli, F., & Menciassi, A. (2018). An intravascular magnetic catheter enables the retrieval of nanoagents from the bloodstream. Advanced Science, 5(9), 1800807. (lateral result obtained working on magnets for the project)
– Iacovacci, V., Ricotti, L., Signore, G., Vistoli, F., Sinibaldi, E., & Menciassi, A. Retrieval of magnetic medical microrobots from the bloodstream. International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2019, May (pp. 2495-2501). IEEE.
Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna organized the following events:
– Mini-Symposium titled “Fully implantable biomechatronic organs”, EMBC (Engineering in Medicine and Biology Conference), 2018, 17-21 July, Honolulu
– Event of dissemination and rounded table titled “Robotic implantable organs”, Robotics Festival , 2018, 27 September – 3 October, Pisa
Robo-Implant has been presented at a number of events:
– Arab Health, Dubai, 2018, January;
– The International Symposium on Medical Robotics 2018, Atlanta;
– Science and Life, 2018, May , Rome, Italy;
– The Hamlyn Symposium on Medical Robotics, 2018, June, London;
– Partnering day con Kedrion S.p.A., 2019,18 June, Florence, Italy;
– Techshare Day, 2019, 25 June, Turin, Italy.
The project and its results has been promoted through the following channels:
– Interview at Tuscany Life Science on the ROBO-IMPLANT project and its potentiality, 2017, January
– Interview at LA7 channel (TV show: MeravigliosaMente, presented by Enrico Bertolino)
– Bright, Researcher’s night, 2017, Pisa, Italy
– PLAST, 2018, 20 May – 1 June, Milan, Italy
– Open Laboratory at CNR. Event: New materials for biomedicine. Poster esposition ESB 2017, brochure release.
– Techshare Day: exposition event on new technologies, 2019, 25 June, Turin, Italy.